Cupping is an ancient Chinese method of causing local congestion. A partial vacuum is created in cups placed on the skin either by means of heat or suction. This draws up the underlying tissues. When the cup is left in place on the skin for a few minutes, blood stasis is formed and localized healing takes place.
Cupping therapy has been further developed as a means to open the ‘Meridians’ of the body.
Meridians are the conduits in the body through which energy flows to every part of the body and through every organ and tissue.
There are five meridians on the back that, when opened, allow invigorating energy to travel the whole length of the body. It has been found that cupping is probably the best way of opening those meridians.
Cupping has also been found to affect the body up to four inches into the tissues, causing tissues to release toxins, activate the lymphatic system, clear colon blockages, help activate and clear the veins, arteries and capillaries, activate the skin, clear stretch marks and improve varicose veins.
Cupping is the best deep tissue massage available. Cupping, the technique, is very useful and very safe.
- Improvement of circulatory function
- Regulating & balancing of automatic nervous system
- Decrease or relieve pain from injury or chronic conditions
- Relieve deep muscular issues and reduces muscle spasms
- Lift and stretch soft tissue to separate fascia and restrictions
- Increase range of movement and flexibility in joints
- Facilitates the flow of the lymph
- Improves the flow of Blood within the joints
- Improves the secretion of the Digestive fluids
- The most dramatic effect is upon the skin & the body fluid flow in the arteries & veins increases, Thus resulting into detoxification.
- It helps open up the chest & benefits the lungs, therefore useful in respiratory problems
Cupping is a very therapeutic, and soothing treatment that yields great results. But often the cups will leave marks on the skin that resemble bruises, this is a result of all the blood rushing to the surface of the skin, and not due to broken blood vessels. It will be disappeared by itself.
Make sure after a treatment you allow your body to rest in order to get the full detox benefits. This means no drugs, alcohol, sex, fasting, binging, hard labor, strenuous exercises, etc. for the rest of the day. Stretching is recommended but not a heavy workout on the day of treatment.
Also, you should keep warm (avoiding wind, or sudden change in temperature, cold shower as well as cold drink) to ensure your body’s boosted metabolism and self-healing process working well. Making sure you drink lots of warm water after the treatment as well as the next couple of days to keep your body well hydrated so that it can properly eliminate toxins released during the treatment.